Kindness created me kind.
April 6th – May 11th
7:30 pm EST/6:30 pm CST
5:30 pm MST/4:30 pm PST
90 minute session
This class is held via video or phone conferencing and recorded for registered students. If you can’t make the class, register, you can watch the recording and share on the class forum with other students. You’ll also be able to share with Rev. Deb.
NOTE: The video conferencing is private. It is not broadcast. Only those in attendance are part of the video conference call. Recordings are made for student’s private use (if student misses a class).
We do not accept new students in this class past the second week of class.
Rev. Deb Phelps, Facilitator
In this class series we will explore:
- Just as our last 6 week class, this class will be a little different than what we typically do in our Living ACIM classes. For this 6-week class we will be focusing on the short book by Ken Wapnick entitled “The Healing Power of Kindness, Pt. 2 – Forgiving Our Limitations” This is entirely rooted in A Course in Miracles.
- You do not need to have attended the previous class. Each book stands on its own.
- The book from Ken Wapnick, “The Healing Power of Kindness, Pt. 2 – Forgiving Our Limitations” centers on two statements of caution Jesus offers in A Course in Miracles. Characteristic of his gentle guidance, he tells us not to be disturbed by the shadows surrounding our “little willingness” to learn from him, and not to despair because of our limitations. If we identify with the ego, our limitations become cause for comparison and judgment, and thereby impel us to seek ways to overcome the imperfections in our bodies and the world.
- This focus serves the ego’s purpose of concealing the mind’s decision for guilt, substituting a limited self for the unlimited Self of Christ. Identifying with the loving Presence of the Holy Spirit in our right minds, we recognize our self-defeating choice, thus allowing true correction to heal. We now look kindly on our imperfections, redefining them not as our reality but as mere detours on our journey home. These shadows of limitation become the contours of the classroom that Jesus uses to teach us his kind lessons of forgiveness. Thus do they ultimately fade in the light of the Atonement, in which we all are joined as the one perfect Son of God. – From the Foundation for A Course in Miracles website
- Purchase the book in advance of the class on Amazon. It is available in print and on Kindle. (You don’t need it for the first class session)
- If you have been studying ACIM and are ready to start living and practically applying it in your life, then our Thursday, six week classes are for you!
In our Living ACIM six week classes, you will be given daily assignments to assist you in deepening your study and practical application of the topic presented. These can be meditations, exercises, practices and ACIM readings. If you wish to sign up, be sure you are able to set aside a time each day to complete the assignments as they are the topic of discussion in each session.
Love Offering Class Donation: $75 for 6 week session or pay $12.50 weekly. Make your class payment at the bottom of this page.
To attend the class via Video or Phone Conferencing
We use professional Hi-Def video conferencing and phone conferencing for our classes and studies from RingCentral. If you want to use your phone or tablet, be sure to download the RingCentral Meetings app in your iTunes or Google Play app store. Otherwise, you can join from your desktop computer.
In reference to our Video Conferencing —
Do I have to have a webcam to join a RingCentral Meeting video call?
No. You can still listen to the audio, view screen shares, and share your own desktop or documents. You also have the ability to call in via phone.
Can I join a video meeting from any country?
International participants can join your RingCentral Meeting by using a local dial-in numbers. View the full list of local dial-in numbers for all supported countries. This link is also included in email invitations sent from the RingCentral desktop app.
Can I turn off my camera so it doesn’t display me to the attendees?
Yes. When you start or join a meeting, you can turn off your own camera by clicking on the video icon in the lower left. You can also mute your microphone by clicking on speaker icon in the lower left.
Bookings are no longer available for this event.