Meditation and A Course in Miracles
Let me be still and listen to the truth.
May 19 -21, 2017
Bethel Horizons Art Ventures Retreat Center
As of 3/21/17 – 2 Rooms Remaining!
Commuter Price Available w/meals included
Link to nearby hotels below
Other upcoming retreats at www.acimretreats.org
ACIM Retreat with Rev. Deb Phelps and Allison Heistand-Phelps
(Rev. Paul will unfortunately be away in training.)
This retreat will be focused on “Meditation and A Course in Miracles”.
What most ACIM students do not realize is that meditation actually occupies a central place in the Course, being a main focus of the Workbook.
In this retreat:
- We will explore meditation and the premise for practicing it,
- We will look at the 3 identified meditation techniques found in ACIM,
- Take a deeper look at the Workbook Lessons of which quite a number of the exercises are similar to meditation techniques,
- Work on building a successful meditation practice with the lessons.
- Answer questions on practicing the Workbook Lessons and meditation.
- Practice meditation throughout the retreat weekend
- Experience walking a labyrinth
- Surrounded by Love: Inner Landscape Mandala Self-Portraits with Allison, Art Therapist
- One-on-one personal sessions will be available
- Sharing with fellow students will occur in group sessions.
- Rev. Deb Phelps has been teaching and studying ACIM since 1993, is a meditation practitioner since 1980 and is a certified Meditation Instructor.
- Allison Heistand-Phelps studied for both her Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees at Naropa University, a Buddhist contemplative University in Boulder, Colorado. (Bachelor of Arts of Contemplative Psychology and Visual Arts: Concentration in Transpersonal and Humanistic Psychology and Master of Arts’ Candidate May 2017 in Transpersonal Counseling & Psychology: Concentration in Art Therapy) Meditation is a core requirement for all of Naropa’s degree programs. She is also a Registered Psychotherapist in Colorado. Allison is curently studying to be a certified Meditation Instructor.
REGISTER NOW AT BOTTOM OF PAGE!
- Connection with Holy Spirit through stillness and meditation,
- Connection with self by the process and practice of A Course in Miracles principles,
- Connection with others through the sharing of insights and like experiences.
Join us for this retreat as we break down the barriers to listening to Holy Spirit with practical exercises, meditation, sharing and laughter. By the end of the retreat, you will have deepened your practice. And you will be in amazement and gratitude!
Included with the retreat, participants will receive materials to enhance their meditation practice.
All rooms have private bathrooms.
Save $25 if you register and pay in full by April 15th!
The total cost of the retreat to you is:
$250 if you pay in full by April 15th.
After April 15th, the price is $275.
Price includes lodging and meals: Friday-dinner, Saturday-breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Sunday-brunch.
Commuter Price including meals:
$150 if paid before April 15th
$175 after April 15th
Link for Local Hotels
Bethel Horizons Retreat Center accommodates any special diet: gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian and any allergies. Let us know when you sign up!
MiraclesOne is supported solely by volunteers, including Revs. Deb and Paul Phelps, and all monies we receive are poured back into MiraclesOne to provide ACIM resources for you.
Art Venture Retreat Center
4601 C. Rd ZZ
Dodgeville, WI 53533
1 hr. from Madison – 1 hr. from Dubuque, IA
2 1/2 hrs. Milwaukee – 3 1/2 hrs. Chicago
We are excited to be in the brand new center that was built within the last two years. For past retreat, we were using the Prairie Center at Bethel Horizons.
ART VENTURES RETREAT CENTER
Art Ventures at Bethel Horizons is our newest and most modern facility. It features 8 motel style guest rooms each with three full-size beds and private in room baths. The space is proud to have a large open meeting and dining room with huge picture windows overlooking the vast prairie beyond. A large outdoor patio with furniture and seating is also available to experience the outdoors anytime of the year.
REGISTER AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
The retreat is a 3 day retreat.
Private Rooms with Bathroom (you can share a room – 3 double beds to a room- Bring a friend or two!)
Check in Friday at Noon/Checkout Sunday at Noon
Friday Registration 12 Noon – 4:30 pm. Welcome and Dinner at 5 pm.
All Meals Included (Friday Dinner, Saturday Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Sunday Brunch)
Bring your own snacks
Details about Bethel Horizons Prairie Retreat Center and Property
Beautiful Natural Setting – Walking Trails – Cliffs
Ponds & Streams – Canoeing – RELAXING!
More than 6 miles of marked hiking trails allow visitors to experience the cliffs, forests, prairies and wetlands within Bethel Horizons’ 548 acres. (Adjacent to Governor Dodge State Park) A trail map allows you to discover the earth’s wonders on your own or you can join one of our naturalist-led hikes. See which wildflowers are blooming or which birds are migrating through the area.
You’ve studied the Course and you’ve listened to other Teachers talk about the Course.
Now take a weekend to learn how to live and practically apply the Course.
Learn to Apply A Course in Miracles in Your Daily Life!
NOTE: The deposit of $100 is non-refundable, but you can find someone else to take your place.
Private Rooms are available, you can share a room if you like.
NO REFUND POLICY: I understand my deposit is nonrefundable; however, I may transfer or sell my space to another person who will attend in my place. It will be my responsibility to collect funds from the person who will take my place – not the responsibility of MiraclesOne. I agree to hold MiraclesOne harmless, both collectively and individually, from any and all liability resulting from attendance at this function.
Your balance of your retreat fee is due by April 15th, 2017 to receive the $25 discount, otherwise the full cost is $275
Type your name and date in the box in the form to indicate you understand and agree to this policy.