My Message to You:
As a lifelong learner, I appreciate learning various meditation techniques. I am open to new and exciting approaches to a practice that has graced my life since the age of 16.
I hope to continue to inspire others to embrace sitting on the cushion and taking the time for peace. I know from just teaching my spiritual classes that there is a desperate need right now for a calmer way to live in our seemingly chaotic world.
I have had many tragedies in my life, and I know meditation is what continued to help me to heal over the years. I am committed to assisting you in bringing the same transformation into your life so you may experience a steady calm and sense of peace.
Additionally, I will introduce you to other healing arts practitioners (yoga, etc.) that will enhance your life with their gifts.
I am a proponent of “Yoga for All”.” That is Yoga for people of all shapes, sizes, and abilities. As a yoga teacher, I want to make my individual and group classes a wonderful experience for every student that walks through my door. The last thing I want to do is to make a student feel frustrated, singled out, or ashamed on their yoga mat. I am a body positive teacher. Most of us, including myself, have non-traditional yoga bodies and we can be overwhelmed by a culture that fails to celebrate diversity or even offer a safe and sacred place for compassionate self-exploration. I want to shift the consciousness and share the message that everybody is beautiful, capable and deserving of a happy, healthy life.
~ Deb Phelps, C.MI, MMT, RYT, Yoga Therapist IT
Deb has studied and practiced meditation since 1980. In 39 years, she has explored a wide range of different meditation traditions: Mindfulness, Hindi, Buddhist, Centering Prayer, Self-Realization Fellowship, Transformation Meditation, Hindi, Modern Psychology, Yoga, and A Course in Miracles, to name a few. She has several certifications both in meditation and mindfulness. Two of which she was mentored by former Buddhist monks. As a lifelong learner, she continues to attend training for personal and professional growth.
Deb has practiced yoga since 1996 when she was pregnant with her youngest child. She was appreciative of the gentle nature of the practice and the integration of mind, body, and spirit as she performed asanas. It has been a part of her physical and mental healing since. She is a Yoga Instructor and a Yoga for All Certified Instructor with a focus on Mindful, Gentle and Restorative Yoga, Chair Yoga for all shapes, sizes, and abilities. She is currently enrolled in training to become a Yoga Therapist.
Audio and Video Offerings:
Deb has recorded numerous audios and videos related to meditation and its practice. She currently hosts a meditation podcast –“Meditation Pebbles: Five Minutes to Inner Peace.” You can find Deb’s meditations on the Insight Timer app. She also provides personalized guided meditations through Inner Sanctuary Meditations for those who would like to have a unique meditation experience created especially for a special need or issue to invoke healing.
Background and Services
She is the Founder and Owner of Meditation Stepping Stones and its studio, Meditate Madison, as well as the Co-Founder and Spiritual Director of the MiraclesOne Center for A Course in Miracles
My Vinyasa Practice, Michelle Young, M. Ed, E-RYT 200, 500 RYT, Yoga Therapist I-CAYT
- Completed 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Vinyasa, Hatha
Aura Wellness Center, Dr. Paul Gerard, E-RYT 500
- 240-hour Chair Yoga Training (CEU) (IT)
Yoga for All Teacher Training, Dianne Bondy, E-RYT 500 and Amber Karnes, E-RYT 500
- This training is important to me and to those I serve at Meditate Madison and those online. I’ll be focusing on a body-positive experience for you, my students. I’ll learn how to adapt yoga poses for any size, shape, and age. So, it doesn’t matter if you are in a larger or as we like to say in “Yoga for All” an abundant body, a senior body, or a differently-abled body. I am dedicated to creating an inclusive yoga experience for every student I teach. (CEU)
Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy – Yoga Therapist Training, Brandt Passalacqua,
Yoga Therapist IT (In Training)
- With this training, I’ll be able to nurture the physical, emotional, psychological, social, and spiritual well-being of my clients. What is Yoga Therapy? Yoga Therapy is a type of therapy that uses yoga postures, breathing exercises, meditation, and guided imagery to improve mental and physical health. The holistic focus of yoga therapy encourages the integration of mind, body, and spirit. With this program. not only will I be able to assist others, but also assist myself as I go through the process. I’m going through Brandt Passalacqua’s Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy Foundations program.
Sound Healing Academy
- Sound Healing with Crystal Bowls
Laughter Wellness Institute
- Laughter Wellness Facilitator, IT