Audio Link (right click to save to computer)
Video on YouTube is a private video but you will still be able to see it as I shared it here.
Meditation is beneficial at any time of day, but most people find that first thing in the morning is the best time. Why is this? It starts the day with a mindset of peace. This is before we get into the busy-ness of our day. By bringing peace into our day, we can have an easier day.
Meditating in the evening also works well. It helps us to de-stress from the day and put our mind at ease.
Last session we followed did the Meditation of the Bubble where we observed the thoughts that came into our consciousness. This session we will do something a little different by utilizing a Workbook Lesson from A Course in Miracles.
THE MEDITATION OF FEELING THE LOVE OF GOD
- This meditation uses the idea from A Course in Miracles Workbook Lesson 189 – I feel the Love of God within me now.
- Sit with your back comfortably straight, your head and neck aligned with the spine as much as possible.
- Gently close your eyes.
- In this meditation, you will be completely focusing on the feeling of God’s Love.
- Start off by saying to yourself, “I feel the Love of God within me now.”
- You may wish to repeat this a few times until your mind settles in a flow of peace.
- Then simply wait and allow Love to flow within you.
- If you get distracted, go back to saying to yourself, “I feel the Love of God within me now.”
- Words or phrases may pop up into your mind that are related to our meditation focus of feeling God’s Love.
- Allow those thoughts to be felt deeply for a few seconds, then allow them to lift up and away.
- This is very similar to our bubble meditation from Session 2.
- Allow peace to enter when the word or phrase is lifted away.
- Allow the next thought to be felt and lifted and so on.
- The flow of this is to really be in a “feeling” mode. Feeling that God loves you and to the ultimate extent that He does. This may cause reactions such as tears streaming down your face or a feeling of incredible joy. Know that this is all okay during a meditation.
- Try to practice at least 10 minutes a day.
You can read about my experience with this type of meditation. I wrote about it in our book Divine Messages: A Journey Through the Workbook for Students. It is located at the following link on our website:
To make it easier, you could just do a search on our website for Lesson 209. In A Course in Miracles, Lesson 209 is a review of Lesson 189 – I feel the Love of God within me now.