- How long have you been studying ACIM?
I have been studying A Course in Miracles since the 1980s.
- What initially attracted you to MiraclesOne Center for ACIM?
Though I am interested in the mystical, it is the practical uses of such knowledge which attracts me most, so when I came across Miracles One, I was delighted to find that the emphasis is on the application of ACIM in daily life.
- How did you feel when you arrived in a class or study?
When I entered my first class, which was on forgiveness, I felt that I was joining with a community of like-minded people. I also felt that the class had come to me at just the right time, the Holy Spirit’s time.
- What are the other students like?
The other students are fellow travelers on the road Home. We may come with different issues in need of healing, but ultimately we come with the same purpose—to remember our oneness with God and with each other.
- What do you like about the facilitators for MiraclesOne? Indicate a particular facilitator if you like.
I like it that the facilitators are equal with us. They don’t put themselves on pedestals or condescend to or judge the students or participants. They too have had their difficulties, and we teach each other how to learn the trust, compassion, humor and love that helps us to deal with these bumps in the road.
- How long have you been studying with MiraclesOne?
I’ve been studying with Miracles One since October 2010.
- Name a class or study or resource (or more) that MiraclesOne has offered you find most beneficial.
There has not been a class, study or resource that I have not found beneficial, but two which have helped me are the daily Workbook call and the Miracles One channel on YouTube. The first helps me interact with the community every day and the second allows me to listen to talks etc. in an easy manner, as I am not a particularly tech savvy person.
- What has been the one aspect that keeps you coming back?
Not to be repetitive, but it is the practical application of ACIM’s principles which keeps me in this community.
- What do you consider most valuable from your time with MiraclesOne?
The most valuable thing to me is the love which those of us in the Miracles One community share, whether in class, on the email forum, in the healing circle or individually as we join with each other in meditation.
- What would you say to potential students of MiraclesOne?
Don’t be afraid to join with us. No one will judge you, belittle you or try to control you. We’ve all been where you are and understand how hard it is to let go of fear and trust that God’s loving will, which is really our will, shall be done.
Recently we provided a questionnaire to our students about their study with MiraclesOne. We will feature these interviews from time to time. Our thanks to those who have taken the time to share their thoughts. Note: Some students have wished to remain anonymous.
Are you one of our students? You can take the interview at http://1drv.ms/1Ns6jSe
Not a MiraclesOne student? See our calendar of classes and events.