Week of 1/17/16
Sunday – Sunday Session (Message and Meditation)
- Manual for Teachers, Pt. 9 with Rev. Deb covered sections 12. How Many Teachers of God are Needed to Save the World? – 13. What is the Real Meaning of Sacrifice? – 14. How will the World End?
- As always, short opening meditation with closing longer meditation after the teaching. Those at Madison Center have time to share and discuss, have coffee and fellowship after the session has ended.
- 1/24 – Manual, Pt. 10 with Rev. Paul, 1/31 – Monthly Healing Circle Meditation, 2/7 – Mini-Workshop on “Improve Your Meditation Practice” (available via video, phone and Madison)
- Join us on Sundays via livestreaming on our website or at our Madison Center at 11:00 am EST/10 am CST. Anyone welcome.
- See our website for video and audio from Sunday livestreaming sessions.
- Link for more information: https://miraclesone.org/events/event/sunday-message-and-meditation/
Monday – Learning ACIM with Rev. Paul
- January Theme: “This is A Course in Miracles”
- Lesson 131 – No one can fail who seeks to reach the truth.
- Group was guided to work individually on this lesson over the coming week.
- A reminder from Jesus in this lesson how angels are all around us assisting us.
- The importance to recognizing the resistance of practicing the early Workbook Lessons.
- The lessons have value to help us in the awakening process.
- Ask your questions and share your experiences in this group as it is a great group for beginners or if you have been reading for years.
- Join in on Mondays via phone, video or at our Madison Center at 7:30 pm EST/6:30 pm CST. Anyone welcome.
- Link for more information: https://miraclesone.org/events/event/monday-acim-study-group/
Tuesday – ACIM Phone Study Group with Tom
- This week the group read Chapter 9, II. The Answer to Prayer
- If you would know God and His Answer, believe in me whose faith in you cannot be shaken.
- Next week: Chapter 9, III. The Correction of Error
- This group does a thoughtful and slow reading of the Text with about one section per week.
- Join in on Tuesdays by phone at 7:30 pm EST/6:30 pm CST. Anyone welcome.
- Link for more information: https://miraclesone.org/events/event/tuesday-acim-study-group-by-phone/
Wednesday – Year with the Text Study Group with Rev. Deb and Rev. Gayle
- Our readings this week, Ch. 1, VII – Chapter 2. IV
- Group was interested in the line in Ch. 2, I, paragraph 5. When we “realize that your errors never really occurred.” This triggered an epiphany for some of the members.
- Error is not real in the other person or me.
- We offer compassion to others in their call for love. We offer compassion to ourselves in our own call for love.
- The power of joining together with mighty companions (as in this group study) cannot be underestimated.
- Join in on Wednesdays via phone or video conferencing at 2 pm EST/1 pm CST. Anyone welcome.
- Link for more information: https://miraclesone.org/events/event/a-year-with-the-text/
Thursday – The Walk of Trust Living ACIM 6 Week Class with Rev. Deb
- These Thursday classes are for students ready to make a daily commitment to consistent practice of mind-watching. The classes are in-depth with daily assignments.
- Theme for Week 3 class session – “Do or do not. There is no try.” Each week’s theme has been tied to the scene in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back with Yoda and Luke discussing the Force.
- Using the word “Try” to the class meant: not making a commitment or making a half-hearted commitment. As students shared: “If I make a half-hearted commitment, I am feeling defeated already.” and “The fear of having peace is so great that it overrides that I failed because I can’t tolerate if I can’t do it perfectly.” and “It has to be perfect or not at all.” and “When I say ‘try’ I am giving myself permission to fail.”
- What the class came to was remembering the following: Set the goal (peace), make the commitment, persevere, and remember that my function is forgiveness. Holy Spirit will provide the means to reach the goal.
- One of the students mentioned the intensity of our Thursday classes. “As much as I’d like to run away from the deep work we do in these Thursday classes, I know that staying put is what is really going to help me to heal my mind. I don’t want to allow fear to hold me back.”
- Unfortunately, this class is closed to new students. Our next class is “Resistance and our Spiritual Path” starting on February 25th.
- Link for more information: https://miraclesone.org/events/event/resistance-spiritual-path/
Daily – Workbook Lesson Practice with Rev. Gayle and Mari
- Each day at 9 am EST/8 am CST for 15 minutes by phone, our facilitators read from the lesson of the day and invoke a 10-minute practice.
- We have been offering this service for four years and has been beneficial to many as they start their day with God and others.
- Link for more information: https://miraclesone.org/events/event/daily-phone-workbook-lesson-meditation/
Be sure to see all of our website for our resources for ACIM Students: audios, videos, blog posts, one-on-one sessions, and more!