Who could not have thoughts on this lesson? It is high on the list of the most quotable from ACIM. I could see peace instead of this, but am I willing to do so? We make so many excuses as to why we do not choose the peace instead.
Here are some excuses that I have heard over the years:
- I haven’t studied the Course long enough.
- Other ACIMers can do this, but I guess I’m not meant to do so.
- Well, in this situation, you just don’t understand….
- Let me tell you the details of the story and you’ll see why….
- And so on…
We’ve heard it said how happiness is a choice. Peace too is a choice. Use this lesson. Don’t just read it. Use it. That is what it is meant for. Don’t refer to another section in ACIM. Use this lesson today.
I could see peace in this situation instead of what I now see in it.
I can replace my feelings of depression, anxiety or worry (or my thoughts about this situation, personality or event) with peace.
I don’t mean let’s all be blissninnies. Certainly, accept what you are feeling and where you are, but also ask yourself, “Do I want to stay here in this discomfort?” If not, see peace instead. You have Heaven’s Help with you always. All you need to do is ask, even one word, “Help” and it is assured.
I’m the one that makes the barrier to happiness in any situation. It’s no one else’s fault. I’m still responsible for my own feelings and thoughts in any situation. How desperately to I want the peace or happiness? If I do, then I will make the choice for peace.
Peace to you this day!
- The Thoughts I post here are different than the ones Rev. Paul and I journaled with the lessons in our book, A Journey Through the Workbook for Students –http://astore.amazon.com/miraclesone-20/detail/061520239X
- Connect for FREE with Others on Facebook or Email
- Don’t forget about our free audios and videos and other resources for the lessons at – https://miraclesone.org/workbook-for-students/
- Daily Workbook Lesson Practice Call